Sunday, February 1, 2009

On Track

some of my sick kids:(
Well, it's Sunday morning and I slept most of the night. Now, this might not sound too exciting, but since Monday, either I or my children have been sick. We've spent every night up with one or more. All are still coughing around here, but hopefully the worst is over.
Dad and the big kids went to get our frivolous purchase this morning. My eldest is the most excited. He can't wait to hook up his Wii and give it a go. We will be extra sure that everyone uses the wrist band and tightens it down. Shelby accidentally thru hers at the wall the other day bowling. Her wrist is so little that the wrist band that came with the 2nd remote is too large for her hand and she slipped out of it. It was very funny (she didn't think so) when it slipped off her hand and at the wall. However, I'm sure no one will be laughing if it hits super tv:)

My food budget is going well so far this week. I might even have a little bit to put away. We've been using food out of the freezer before I buy anything else. We did buy Sonny's on Friday(brought it home) but we've been able to span it over several meals, so it wasn't too bad price wise. It is a hard habit to break, eating out regularly. Tonight we are having a ready to eat meal -- Chicken Voila. I got it on sale at Publix (B1g1 4.99) and used 2 coupons on it (printable at http://www.coupons.com/) and am making rolls courtesy of Pillsbury. If I fix dessert (walnut brownies) and iced tea, dinner will be about $6.50. Not too shabby for a family of 6 (reg fam of 4.5 or 1.44 ea). Guess I can't eat out anywhere for that! I used all my play money already, so I guess I will be staying home until Friday. How fast my pocket money goes away!!!!

No comments: