Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Grocery day (ARRGH!)

It's no secret that I HATE grocery shopping day. As I look over the receipt (I've spent almost ALL of my grocery budget for this week), I can't really tell where I'm going overboard. I start w/$150 for us for the week. Upon leaving Wally World today, I have $19 left. About $30 was diapers, toilet paper, etc. The rest was strickly groceries. I stuck to my grocery list. There was no snackies on this list, but I will go by the dollar store and get a couple of snacks and bread (less than $10). Still need 2 gallons of milk, which should probably put me at the limit. We aren't even eating extravagant meals-I don't think?!?
Wed: Chili
Thur: Beans and cornbread
Fri: Black bean soup (w/shredded chicken)
Sat: Lasagna
Sun: Turkey pot Pie (left over turkey was in the freezer)
Mon: Pork tenderloin/rice/veggies (left overs are packed for Bert)
Tue: Turkey soup / chedder cheese biscuits
Wed: Black bean tacos (leftovers from Fri)
Breakfast and lunches are not anything out of the ordinary. Oh, yeah-the part that really puts me thru the roof???? I HAVE TO COOK IT ALL!!!! :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

My grocery day is tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes. I think I hate it as bad as you do!!!