Saturday, February 14, 2009

Days behind

I know, I've not posted in a couple of days. I have made several entries, but none of them have made it out of my brain, through my fingers, and onto this blog. So here I go, trying to catch up.
Grocery shopping was fun, as always. I don't have an exact $$ that I spent this week, although I know I will be at my limit when I'm thru. I used only cash yesterday (atm card was in pocket of jeans at home) at Publix so I was very careful, but I was shy a couple of items on my list. I went back today to get stuff for the boys tomorrow, they're going to the races (GO M&M car) and they're carrying a lunch with them. Last night I made my favorite pulled pork, baked potatoes, cheesy brocolli and garlic toast last night for dinner. Of course, it was a LOT less expensive than going out, and less hassle also! Grand total for it all? About $20 and I had left over pork packed away in the freezer for another meal (yummy!). I'm not much of a pork eater, however, I could eat this every day. And the big plus was there was no complaining around the dinner table waiting for food to arrive. I'm almost hooked on eating at home (HAHA!!!).
Meals for the rest of the week?
Sat-tacos
Sun-lasagna
Mon-Roasted Chicken
Tues- Junk on stuff (leftovers resurrected)
Wed-Hot dogs

No comments: