Saturday, February 7, 2009

Quick, call the zoo, there are elephants upstairs!

Ok, not quite elephants, but 4 -11 yr boys, 1- 7 yr boy, 1- 5 yr girl, 1- 4 yr boy and one baby bully sure make alot of noise upstairs! Oh, yeah, and I invited them all---brain fart!
My friends sons came over to spend the weekend, and of course, the boys in the neighborhood are here also. Personally I think the 2 that live nearby usually come over because I feed them:)I really do hate the grocery shopping and the planning, but I love that my meals are pre-planned. Yesterday we left home early for kids class (across town is 45 min for you that live in the hole in the wall towns!), ran errands, and picked up friends kids. And when I got home, dinner was in the crockpot. Yeah! We had black bean soup, which suprisingly everyone always eats. Even the picky kids. Fry up some corn tortillas and dinner is served.
Today the downstairs looks like a tornado came thru (larger than normal), but all are having a good time. Shelby would like to have a "girl friend" to spend the night, but all we seem to meet are boys! I'm sure she won't mind that in the future (gulp). Still, she plays well with Kyle (7 yr old) and has a great time.
Garry started basketball this week hosted by a local church. They started off with a bang as the coach took 11 boys to see a Magic game. They were given VIP treatment, given goodie bags, and even got to go down and get autographs. I'm sure if Garry had actually known who the players were it would have been even better, LOL. However, he did have a great time (Magic won) and is looking forward to learning to play basketball. This game is much more up his alley, since, per his 6 year old words, "Dad, do you know in football, you fall down and get hurt?!". I guess football is not on the agenda, ever...

No comments: