Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Flower Crisis

Thursday evening the kids and I had just returned from grocery shopping (more about that later) when Garry got a call from dad. He went outside and brought in a big box from Pro Flowers. Of course all my children were very excited and helped me open the box. In that box was a beautiful bouquet of tulips. As I admired my flowers, Shelby burst into tears. When I asked why she was crying, she informed me thru the tears that she NEVER got flowers, only cards. Of course I couldn't laugh right then and there, but it was very funny! So I explained that because of where these flowers came from, the mailman couldn't deliver them on Valentine's Day and had to deliver them early. So Daddy came to the rescue today, and brought his baby girl flowers just for her:)

No comments: