Thursday, January 29, 2009

Conversations

This is how a conversation went with my husband tonight. All I can say is that I'm extremely thankful that apparently these are the toughest decisions that we must make. Really, I'm not complaining, only laughing:)
Pre-conversation: We have a friend who's mom enters contests all the time. She wins a lot of items-- at one time we were given about 30 malt-o-meal coupons (cereal) that she had won. Recently she won a 50" plasma tv that retails about $1200 or so. Our friend mentioned that she didn't need this tv and she was going to sell it.
Tonight......
Husband: Hey dear, remember the t.v we talked about?
Wife: Yes
Husband: Well, she's willing to sell tv for $550 if we want it.
Wife: Do we want it?
Husband: yes!!!
Wife: Ok, what are you willing to give up temporarily to get it?
Husband: I don't understand what you mean.
Wife: The money has to come from somewhere
Husband: I could work some extra jobs
Wife: Out of question. Gone too much already.
Wife: How about no cable for a couple of months (about 4)
Husband: No way!
Wife: Do you have any ideas?
Husband:Uh....not really
Wife: You could save up your play money that you currently get
Husband: What? But it's money for my bike! (HARLEY!)
Wife: Where do you suppose I get it from then?
Husband (whining slightly): But I really like getting things for my bike
Wife: it's only a couple of months. But if not, we don't have to get the t.v., doesn't really matter to me.
Husband: I really want the tv.
Wife: You have to make the decision.
Husband: (dejectedly) Ok, I'll use my play money for the tv.

LOL, these are the major conversations that make our life interesting. BTW, yes, I'm still trying to be frugal, in spite of these silly major purchases!!!

No comments: