Sunday, June 1, 2008

Welcome to June!

It's June already! How did that happen? I really should get started in putting some money back for Christmas. It will be there before I know it! (ugh). Not that I don't love Christmas, it is my fave time of year. However, with 4 kids (and 1 large adult kid), numerous cousins, aunts, uncles and whatnot, the tab for Christmas adds up quickly. And we even play the white elephant game on my side of the family so it cuts down dramatically on my wallet. I did read somewhere that the average family spends about 800 at Christmas. I would be estatic to spend that! I actually don't know of anybody that spends that amount!?!
Anyway, it's a new month, and a new chance to stay on budget, on course, this month. I was all excited to get the paper today (new coupons, woo hoo!), and check out the new ads. I'm on the search for low cost drinks and snacks for an upcoming reunion. I'm still trying to figure out how many drinks I need for 55-60 people for 2 days!
I think I found my first good deal. Walgreens has their sodas on sale for 4/11, and you get 3 register rewards back. If I go back and use my 3 rewards, it will be $2 ea. That's better than most I've seen yet. If you've got any good deals, would you pass it on?
BTW-for great CVS deals, check out Money Saving Mom. Get the most bang for your buck!

No comments: