Monday, June 9, 2008

Family Circus

I have that little boy from the Family Circus. You know, the little boy that roams all over the yard back and forth, at least a 1000 steps, and when mom calls him in and asks what he's been doing all day, he says nothing?!? Yup, him. He has shaggy blond hair, beautiful brown eyes, and a great smile (he uses it to get him out of trouble!!). As I was reading the funnies yesterday, there was the Family Circus. There was the boy(picture to left), coloring on the walls, scaring his little brother (in our case, making him laugh harder), banging on the pots and singing, climbing up to get cookies out of the jar (he did this the night before last), and hitting his sister on the head with a ball. Grandma says to him, "You're being a real handful today", to which Jeffy replies, "No, Grandma, I'm only 3, I won't be a real handful 'til I'm five!" Yikes!!! Will I (or he) survive to 5?!? I'm sure the neighbors only think we have 1 child as his is usually the only one I call to --get down, stop jumping, stay off your brother/sister, turn off the water, no, you can't slingshoot your brother across the yard! I do love that little stinker though!
On another note, I didn't spend any money today. Not for a lack of wanting, though. Personally I would prefer NOT to pay the house payment and go shopping instead....the practical side so far took over though, and I didn't go.
Looking for something sweet but not much in the kitchen? I made these tonight for dessert for my/neighborhood kids. My mom use to make these for us. Quick to fix, and hits that sugar spot.
Flour tortillas
Veg oil
Butter
Powdered sugar
(I didn't say healthy!)

Heat the oil over med heat. If desired, cut tortillas into smaller shape (I usually cut in quarters). Fry tortillas till brown, both sides. Rub butter on 1st side, sprinkle w/powdered sugar. Turn and repeat.

No comments: