Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What will they be?

My kids. I love them, of course. But I think about their future, their spouses (when they grow up), and so on. What will the world be like when the get big? I think about their personalities now and can only imagine. Really the only thing that I've got going for me is praying. According to God's word, if I train up a child the way he should go, he will not depart. Wow, I think that's a great promise. I guess, though, day to day it's up to me. Hugging, instructing, disciplining, etc... I do feel some days I missed too much. (I have got to turn off the computer!). Here they are 11, 4,3 and 8 mo. Tomorrow they'll be gone. <>
I came across these verses while surfing this morning. Thanks to Mother-Wit for listing these verses to pray over my kids:

1. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;I will guide you with My eye.Psalm 32:8

2. For the mountains shall depart And the hills be removed, But My kindness shall not depart from you, Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,” Says the LORD, who has mercy on you.Isaiah 54:10

3. It is God who arms me with strength,And makes my way perfect.Psalm 18:32

4. Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law;Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.Psalm 119:34

5. Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.Joshua 1:7

6. The LORD knows the days of the upright,And their inheritance shall be forever.Psalm 37:18

7. The LORD is gracious and full of compassion,Slow to anger and great in mercy.Psalm 145:8

8. Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
9. But certainly God has heard me;He has attended to the voice of my prayer.Psalm 66:19

10. For He shall give His angels charge over you,To keep you in all your ways.Psalm 91:11

11. Behold, I will bring it health and healing;I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth.Jeremiah 33:6

12. Trust in the LORD, and do good;Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.Psalm 37:3

13. Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;Philippians 1:6

No comments: