Friday, May 30, 2008

Shopping tab

I have seen several people have a No Shop day, and have tried such myself, however, to no avail. Yesterday I was out of formula and today I was out of diapers. Now today would normally be my grocery shopping day, but my son had a birthday party to go to and the drive there is almost an hour away. So in order to make it in time, there was no time for that fun grocery shopping day....I do have enough on hand to make it to Monday, yeah, since I HATE grocery shopping on the weekends. Of course, I did run out of diapers, so I had to shop today, and thanks to Walgreens sale, I stocked up on Huggies.
I bought 3 packs of huggies @ 9.54 ea 28.62
less 10 off 30 (I bought scotch tape to bring it up to 30) & $4.00 manuf. coupon =14.62
plus I have my rebate of $5 from huggies ready to go in the mail...
Grand total for 3 packages of diapers (2 sets of size 3, 1 of size 4, 116 diapers in all)....
$9.62 plus tax!!! That's .08 a diaper each!
Do I seem overly excited??? Such is life of a MOM!
So, I will wait until Tues of next week and see if I can make it at least 2-3 days of NO SHOP. Do you do this? How do you keep from it? I am always looking for great ideas to entertain my zoo...

If you haven't seen Miss Potter yet, put it on your Netflix list. Sweet story:)

No comments: