Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dinner Ahead!


My kids just got up from the breakfast table (blueberry pancakes, yummy), and already they are asking about dinner. Being the scatterbrain that I am, I love Donna Young Printables. They're FREE, easy to use, and they keep me in line. Some days of homeschooling rob me of what little brain cells I have left, and I the thought of dinner makes me grumpy. However, when my menu board is up I just have to see what I'm fixing and I get get my act together for the day. I put it in a page protector and use a dry erase marker. It has reduced our eating out ALOT---We were going out at least 7-10 meals a week. Blows that budget I created. And since we are eating home more, I get to make some of the more expensive meals that I love but didn't buy because of the cost. My kids are little enough at this point they love to eat at the "Little Diner" (our dining room). I light candles, bring out the fancy napkins, and put some great background music on. I do have to clean up, but usually everybody helps.

No comments: