Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Monday (it'll be allright)

It was a stay at home day today. Best way NOT to spend money, except for internet shopping, of course. I didn't buy anything today so it must have been a good day! Don't get me wrong, I do have money in the account. However, it's earmarked for future spending. I can't complain, in 14 years of marriage I don't think I've ever been prepared for the next month, bill wise. Seems like we always were in a crisis mode trying to figure out how to pay for everything! This year has really hit me that for once we are going forward instead of backwards. All due to a little saying "Personal Finance is 80% behavior, and 20% knowledge". Mmmm--I've had the knowledge for years, guess what changed!?!
Dinner ended up being spaghetti instead of beans. Which is just as well, considering I had an extra at dinner. I probably wouldn't have had enough for tomorrow night. Plus, my friend invited our family over on Wednesday for a birthday dinner, so I don't have to fix anything that night. WooHoo!
Shelby made a new friend today, actually we've known them since we moved in, but really just waved at them for the past 4 years. Today her and her mom came to the door looking for a playmate (it's spring break here). I've been praying for a friend for her since all we have are boys around here:) They both had a great time--the neighbor girl is an only child and has all the good toys over there, apparently. Another date was set to play before the week is out...

No comments: