Sunday, March 29, 2009

Groceries

Bert's birthday dinner (cube steak) took almost 1/3rd of my grocery budget for the week. I think that meal will go into my very rare meals to make category! I did not plan well for him being home for the weekend. My cooking changes when he's home since there are some meals I make that are cheap that he doesn't prefer. I guess I'm gonna have to re-train him to like certain foods.
So, this morning I headed to Publix with my $22. I bought everything I will need to make it til Thursday.
Sun-
Lunch-Pocket pies (thanks ma for the recipe) made from leftovers. The kids loved 'em.
Dinner-mini burgers, potato salad & cantalope
Mon-
breakfast-oatmeal
Lunch-grilled cheese/cantalope
Dinner-beans & cornbread
Tue-Same!
Wed-
breakfast-oatmeal
lunch-biscuits and gravy
dinner-spaghetti/veggies/bread
Not very exciting, but meals nevertheless. Plus, I only spent cash in hand)
Did you notice the ticker changed on the right side? I realized that in order to purchase our property, I needed to get these last little bills over with. I am excited that we are almost finished with Sallie. My goal is by mid-summer:) I think having beans and cornbread a couple of days are worth paying it off early!

No comments: