Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Living Room

I've had this poster art that I'd bought not long after we moved in---we've been here 4 years!. I even bought the mat and frame, but when I bought the frame online, I neglected to push the button for the plexiglass. So, when it came in, I was unable to put it up. I checked it out glass prices at Home Depot and because of it's odd size (33x33") so it ended up being more expensive than the frame, mat and poster together! Being the dumb tightwad I sometimes get (I have no problem spending same amount on dinner out!) that picture has been sitting in my closet, collecting dust. Fast forward to last night. I had a mini moment and wanted things clean and neat (oh, yeah, I have to do it myself---never mind!) Our dining room wall is getting repainted this weekend so the clock that has been sitting on the mantel will go up in the dining room and my mantel will be empty. I dragged out the picture again, really wanting to use it, but I had exactly $5 in pocket until next week. So after racking my brain, this is what I came up with:)
Here's the print before I began surgery:)
After I cut it apart

Painting my Dollar tree frames (that I already had)
Cut out-painted and up on wall

The finished result
By the way, no money came out of pocket for this project, I had everything I needed. I did use 2 of my $5 for icecream for the kids from Mc D's:)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow. That is amazing. It looks so good! You may need to come to my house and see what beautiful art I have waiting to happen!