Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gimme 5!

(Aidan saw we were taking pictures and he sneaked his way in!)

Of course my kids good and bad habits all come back to me. And of course my bad habits usually outweigh the good! So, I'm always looking for ways to improve around here without a lot of setup. Personally I am a good starter, lousy finisher. Every morning I have great intentions on getting everybody up and dressed, teeth brushed, etc, but with everybody going in a different direction, sometimes it's noon before everyone is dressed. Browsing thru Family Fun magazine, I found this cute idea that we are using and have been successful for almost a month! We cut out each of their hand prints and listed something to be done on each finger; i.e make bed, get dressed, and each day we take them down from my ribbon board (it's so pretty!) and complete the chores. I really love it because I get sidetracked easily and when I see a kid running around half dressed (usually Bryce) we go back to the bright yellow hands and I can get both him and me on track again.

No comments: