Friday, May 8, 2009

Dr visit

Ok, so my 5 year old has high cholesterol. Who'd thunk, eh? According to the Doc, it's hereditary, which makes sense because my hunny has it also. So, we've modified the diet some around here. We've been eating a lot healthier the last year or so, so no one (except hunny) even notices. We've moved down to 1% milk (not too bad since we were already at 2%), cut out most of the cheeses, and probably the biggest of all is eggs. I cook alot of meals with eggs -they're my back up when I don't want to cook anything else, so we've switched to egg beaters. The kids didn't seem to notice the change in their egg & cheese rollups the other night.
In other news I'm was able to zip up jeans I haven't worn in almost 2 years! I guess the walking is paying off. I've still got a ways to go before they fit loosely, but I'm still excited! I really do like getting up earlier than all the little people to walk; it usually makes the day go much smoother:)

No comments: