Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's a Boy Party!

This week has been pretty laid back. Garry and Shelby are off to camp in Georgia (Shelby's first year!) so it's just been me and the boys. Several weeks ago when Bryce realized that both would be gone for the entire week, he got a little upset. We came up with a "boy party" idea which he has been excitedly counting down the days. Well, this morning was the last day before we head back up north, and I realized that today must be the BIG DAY! So, this morning we decorated and picked up Bryce's back up BFF-Jay Jay (TJ-wish you were here!). What else does a boy do at a boy party but play video games! I offered to set up a board game or something other-but Bryce just wanted to play the Wii. Yup, I probably ruined their little brains, but I let them play until they were tired of playing! And although Aidan and Gage were too little to play the games, they did enjoy the cupcakes!
No party is complete without decorations!Per Bryce: hot dogs, please!JayJay "this is the best boy party ever!"
(which is awesome until one realizes this was probably his first!)can you see their brains turning into mush?!?
Out of 12 cupcakes I think Aidan ate 5 (did I mention he also ate 3 hot dogs?)Blue icing...yummy!

1 comment:

Carel Stiller said...

I heard a discussion today about kids attention spans and the complaint was that they are too bored in school...the commentator suggested less video games and more school, but sounds to me like school is the problem...more video games!!!