Thursday, August 26, 2010

She's 7! (GOING ON 19!)

We've been counting down the days. Or at least Shelby has. As I'm digging thru my super duper gift bag of 75% off Target toys, I realize there is only one present for the Peanut. Then I remembered, she wanted to get her ears pierced. So, after a breakfast of banana nut pancakes and sausage (Shelby's request), we borrowed Gpa's truck and headed out to the mall. And because his truck only holds 5-we made two trips. Which worked out well as I went ahead and picked up gift certificates and picked out her earrings. At dinner I gave her a bag with info about her ear piercing on the first stop on our shopping trip. When I purchased the gift certificates I had left a note at each store that the sales clerk gave her when we left explaining the next stop on the shopping route. She was one happy girl!
Thanks Mom, for passing on the last minute-good idea-stay up all night to work on it-gene:)
My hunny graciously stayed up with me til 2 so I could finish my banner:) Dear Santa, I need a Cricut Cutter; my hands hurt from using kid scissors!
We had bonus visitors for breakfast.
Cousin Sara even sang Happy Birthday to her (several times!)A Barbie cake~unfortunately had to be baked twice. I forgot to add baking soda the first time and it was very rubbery!
I won't win any awards, but she was happy:)
A nutritious dinner in the mallDo you see her sparkly ears????Thanks to brothers, Build-a-Bear was on the shopping route!Meet the newest member of the family "Hello Kitty" (it's a dog)Final stop: The movie theater to see Despicable Me (go see it-it was great!) Back home to open more presents (thanks Gma) and eat cake!

No comments: