Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No Underwear

So, last weekend as the kids and I were heading to Lowe's for their Saturday Kid's project, I spotted a community yard sale. We stopped, got out the stroller and cruised the neighborhood, just for fun. I found some bright orange shorts for Bryce from the Children's place. (one size too large, but he'll grow into them, right?) They matched his favorite shoes, so we got them.
Fast forward to today. I scheduled Garry's dentist appt for 8:30 this morning (nuts, I know!), figuring I could drop off Shelby and Bryce to their soccer camp and only have Aidan. But, they missed the first day due to being sick, so everyone came with me to the dentist office. Since it was so early, I thought I would wake them up just before we left, and once we got there and got Garry checked in, I would go out and dress the kids. So far, so good, right? Well, I got Shelby and Aidan dressed, no problem. For whatever reason, I picked up the orange shorts thinking that they might fit. It had a little belt around the top (which was really NOT a belt, I found out) in case they were a little big, I could tighten up for the day. Anyway, Bryce has gotten into this habit of usually wearing little boxers to bed, which means he doesn't wear any underwear. This would have been fine today, except that he wore regular pj's and of course still took off the undies. So here we are, my son freeballin', no belt to tighten, and the shorts just way-y-y to big. I racked my brain for what I might have to use to hold them up until I could get done with the dentist and back home. Wouldn't ya know our usually messy car was immaculate since I had had the interior shampooed just the day before. So after scrambling thru my purse (nothing of use) and figuring he would just have to hold them up (he's a showoff, so that wouldn't work), I remembered that the Children's Place clothing is usually made for growing boys. I looked inside the waistband, and voila! There it was, an elastic band with buttons to pull tighter for smaller waists. THANK YOU Children's Place...you are my favorite!!!!
We made it thru the denist with no mooning, and are home again. By the way.....he's still not wearing any:)

2 comments:

Carel Stiller said...

No one could make this stuff up!?!?

Allison said...

Those Children's place size elastic thingies are the BEST!! I *hope* I don't have your reasons for using them anytime soon :-) LOL