Thursday, June 11, 2009

I knew he wasn't ours:)

The joke has been I've always said that the only reason I knew Aidan was ours was that my Mother-in-law followed Aidan to the nursery and stayed with him until they brought him to our room. Otherwise I would say they switched kids on me. He didn't look like anybody I knew when he came out. He also has an incredible temper that gets him into a lot of trouble:) Plus, he has always spoke this language that none of us can understand. To this day (20 mo) he the most he says is "daddy", "mommy (when he's mad)", "Garry", and attempts to sing the Backpack Tree song (I suppose 34 hrs listening to song on the way to TX did that). Other than that, it's another language that I am sure is Asian. So we cracked up the other day when Shelby, bouncing down the sidewalk, says "ni hao" (manderine for hello) and Aidan pipes up with his own reply of ni hao. Proves my point completely. I've always wondered if I put him with someone who spoke that language would they be able to converse?? Or.... maybe they just watch too much Nick Jr?!

2 comments:

Life Of Jenny/ The Tales of Marriage said...

ummm... ni hao??? Are you SURE he's yours?

Allison said...

Oh my word that is FUNNY!! And don't worry, Joshua will be two in a couple weeks and he is JUST starting to say words...he can say Hi, Bye, Eye, Nose and "There's a Clue" <-- yep a whole sentence. I love me some Nick Jr.