Friday, April 9, 2010

Makin' bread

I was at my favorite recycle shop and came across some canape bread forms. New, still in the package, a whopping $2 is all would be needed to take them home. Knowing that the reason they probably were in the store, still unopened, would be the same reason I had donated so much to Goodwill myself. Cute ideas, good intentions, but after about 4 years one realizes after having to move said purchase again for the 40th time (still in box, unopened) that they will NEVER actually make them. I debated whether or not this would be the case with me. I did a quick search on my handy phone and found it had gotten good reviews for ease of use (comes out of the pan). So, I purchased and brought home. Not wanting these to end back up at the store; unopened, I brought them out today to bake some bread. Note that if I did NOT have my handy Kitchen Aid my hunny gave me for Christmas, I would not even have thought twice about this. But with a switch of the knob, it mixes and kneads it all for me! I followed the recipe on back and and put them in the oven. Surprise! 2 out of 3 bread loaves came out loverly. (I didn't divide it up evenly and the heart was disformed). It came out easy and the kids got a kick out of the shaped bread. So if any of the bread makes it to tomorrow (deformed heart is gone already), we will have star and flower chicken sandwiches for lunch:)

No comments: