Thursday, November 13, 2008

Good night

Another evening draws to a close. Sometimes during the day, I'll count down the hours til bedtime. You know those days, everybody's whiny, you're tired, and the evening seems so loooong. Well, not today. These days that go smoothly make up for that occasional long day. My hunny got up early to allow the guys in to replace the shower surround (yeah!). So we played games with the kids, watched Meet the Robinsons, and even got a nap in. Then my friends and their multiple children came over for dinner and an attempt at quilting (my friends, not the kids!). I've hidden the camera so well that even I couldn't find it to take a picture of the quilt, but it's coming right along. This particular baby blanket was started for my nephew (um, he's seven months now), but I hope to finish it before he enters college, LOL. Anyway, we have another date on the calendar before the month's out to work on it again. Maybe the camera will make an appearance by then so I can post my work of art!
Among the kids that came tonight was my eldest son's best friend. They have been buds since the first time they met, over 5 years ago. Back then, they referred to each other as "friend". I think it was a whole year before they learned each other's names. I suppose a name is not near as important as good friendship. I'm so thankful for these good friends my kids have. And of course, I'm thankful that my friends who keep calling in spite that I rarely return my phone calls! They all are just hopeful on the odd day that I might be able to hear the ringer, locate it, put it together (my son has dropped it so many times that it falls apart when I pick it up) and actually answer it. I must say, I sometimes wonder why they bother going to all that trouble to get together. Mmm, it must be that I cook the dinner every time:)

No comments: