Wednesday, November 5, 2008

G-duh

When I don't use my recipe planner, it screws my entire week up. This past week, I haven't really done any shopping because I was out of town several days, so I've just been piecing dinners together every night. Tonight was no exception. However, one must always check the expiration dates!!! Now, mind you that I usually don't keep food for very long around here, I was quite suprised to open the salsa (the very mild kind that comes in the taco kits) and discovering that it was a yucky brown, circa 2006. Of course, I didn't discover this until after I had placed on enchiladas. So, not using my brain, I announced dinner was ruined and we headed to Boston Market. When we got back, I had a g-duh moment. Why didn't I just removed the insides and restart???? The only thing effected was the tortillas and I had plenty more. I even had enchilada sauce that could have replaced the salsa.... By that time, said dinner was under water and unusable. Sometimes I really miss my brain.
I had a fun afternoon with my 2 middle kids. I put the baby down to nap, and left my oldest to do his school. (Dad's home). We went on all my errands, picked out some Christmas decorations and even out to lunch for a pizza. They have so much to say! I think the kids had fun as well. Bryce head butting the Postman (he asked for it!) made for a great laugh, and we talked about everything we came into contact with. It's amazing that even just downsizing a couple of kids makes a huge difference. Aidan (baby) takes up so much time, I don't always get to sit down and chat with the others.

No comments: