Monday, March 29, 2010

Woo Hoo! I did it!

Have you been to my favorite new blog yet? It's Anna @ knock off wood. She sees a piece of furniture on a website; draws up the plans, and makes it very user friendly! I have been itching to make something off her site, but just haven't had the time. So tonight me and the kids headed off to Lowe's. Tada! 3 1/2 hr later, a bench is born. Mind you, it's still not quite finished. I boo booed the piece in the middle (still learning about angles) so tomorrow I'm back to the depot to get some more wood and paint. ((patting self on back)) Garry also helped drill and hold-he's such a good boy to humor his mom. My hunny did laugh at me when I told him I didn't want to use the circular saw, but preferred to use the jigsaw. Too big, too noisy! Honey--I need a compound miter:)
Here's what it will look like when finished (pre-paint)My bench!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I am so impressed I don't even know what to do (mouth hanging open)!!! Do you take orders? Way to go!