Thursday, March 25, 2010

He's 13!

I am a bad mommy. Here it is, the 25th of March, and I never once mentioned Garry's 13th birthday. No blog, no facebook, anything. Not intentionally, of course. I meant too, really! So, I'm sorry son, I didn't forget you. And I would have brought you breakfast in bed, but you got up earlier than I did (does that mean I should have gotten breakfast in bed?)
Garry, we love you. You are such a great person and a tremendous help around here. I appreciate the way you just pitch in and help, and still wear a smile.
To celebrate Garry's special day(can you guess from the decorations what his b-day falls on?), here's the panini recipe that he requested for his big day. (Did I mention at his request he received a Panini maker? Oh, and that I forgot it was in the trunk and he found it and had a early birthday?)

Chicken Pesto:
8 1/2" thick slices Italian bread
1/2 lb chicken breast, divided into 4 servingse decoratio
4 tbsp pesto sauce
1 cup spinach
8 slices tomato
4 slices provolone cheese
olive oil
Preheat press. Spread olive oil on one side of each slice of bread. Place oil side down and place remaining ingredients in order. Cover with remaining bread, oil side up. Close press. Cook 3-5 min or until brown. Yummy!

No comments: