Saturday, February 2, 2013

Thanks Garry!

 I look back on many of the posts, and my eldest is the kid who doesn't get talked about much. That's because he DOES wear his underwear, doesn't hang from the rope pulling out his teeth, and has NEVER stripped down to the birthday suit and thrown his and siblings clothes over into the neighbor's yard.
So this post is entirely devoted to you, Garry!
Yesterday evening I came down with a nasty flu bug. I spent most of the evening in bed, and when I got up this morning, I felt a little bit better but as the day went on it got worse again. Well, in typical me style, the kids projects for the fair have NOT been completed yet. The deadline to finish them is....tomorrow.  I'm only taking partial blame here-some of the stuff for the projects have been here, but no one has been working on them. The other, well, I needed to go to the store for missing pieces and parts to finish. So, early this afternoon, we loaded all up in the car to run our errands.Thank goodness Garry can drive! The only thing better would have been if he didn't need me in the passenger seat, but I'll take what I can get! Feeling crummy and probably not looking much better, I gave Garry my list and sent him in. He completed each task and stayed under the limit cash wise on what I gave him! When we got home, I crawled out into the back yard to imitate an alligator; soaking up the last of the sun in hopes to keep from freezing. He kept an eye out on the little ones and even made spaghetti from scratch. I would have taken a picture of his wonderful meal, but there wasn't any left! So, thanks son...I appreciate all you do for me around here. You are a such a great help around here, not just today, but every day. I love you!

As for the the fair projects, I wish I could say they are completed and ready to go....but what fun would that be!?!?!?

No comments: