Sunday, October 19, 2008

Enjoying the cool

Ok, I know. In any other part of the country, 79 wouldn't be considered cool. But, being that we are in central FL, it's great! I have had the a/c shut off for the past couple of days, and the back door is always open. Really, I'm not for the cold. However, I do love this weather, and look forward to at least a couple of days of using the fireplace (don't laugh, we turn down the air to use it some years)!
The kids have been taking great advantage of the great outdoors, playing (and digging) in the dirt. On the down side, it does require several baths per kid per day-and my floors do stay on the sandier side (yuck), but they do enjoy it and one day I'll have clean floors and no laughter, hugs or small voices saying "I love you". Extra floor mopping and triple baths are ok in my book.

My hunny and I went to Daytona yesterday for Biketoberfest. I must admit, riding on a bike is just not near as fun as it used to be. My thighs hurt today (maybe a sign that I need to exercise more!), and more and more people are idiots on the road, both car and motocycle drivers. While I'm happy my other half has his dream toy, I do pray daily that he gets tired of it and maybe buys a convertible...do they make one that holds six??! We were able to have dinner with my sis and her husband, and that was worth the very NOT fun trip over. Mmm, how long can this faze of his life last?

No comments: